Tuesday 4 December 2012

24 Weeks, 5 Days - Normal??

I had another ultrasound today, with the high risk doctor.  I didn't actually get to see the doctor today, but did luck out with two very chatty ultrasound techs.  Well, I think one was a medical resident, which is probably why the other was so verbal about what she saw.  Anyway, the end result was definitely to my benefit!  This is all subject to what my actual OB has to say when I see her late next week, but for now...
 
...everything looks normal! 
 
The tech and resident agreed that my placenta wasn't really thick, it just looked that way because of how it was positioned (something about it being both fundal and left lateral).  The tech said "it might be a little thick", but in her (admittedly non-doctor) view, it was nothing to worry about.
 
There was no hematoma.
 
I am still spotting...that has been ongoing for just over 20 weeks now. It is very, very light.  My OB believes that it is my cervix. Maybe she is right.
 
Bug still looks perfect by the way, and is measuring in the 60th percentile.  Here he is:
 

Isn't he beautiful? :)
 
I am so, so incredibly happy.  I know that the tech and resident aren't doctors, and that everything they said is subject to what my doctor has to say when I see her.  But for now, I am not going to question the good news I received today.  I have spent enough time being scared or sad this pregnancy - I'm due for some happy and excited.  And I'm taking it.  :)




 


No comments:

Post a Comment