Saturday 8 December 2012

Yup, Normal! And Baby Shoes. :)

So my OB called me at work yesterday.  She actually sounded pretty excited.  She said that she had just received my ultrasound report from Tuesday, and wanted me to know right away that my ultrasound was indeed 100% normal!  My placenta no longer looks abnormally thick, and there is no hematoma.  Samuel is measuring in the 68th percentile, and weighs approximately 800 grams (that's about 1.76 lbs).

For the first time in this entire pregnancy, there actually doesn't seem to be anything wrong or unusual.  I am normal. Sam is normal. :)

I am so freaking happy!!!

I am still spotting everyday, and that sucks.  Given our history, it is hard not to worry, at least a little bit.  My OB swears though that there is no explanation for the bleeding, so it must be my cervix.  I won't let her do a cervical exam to check (she doesn't recommend it anyway), so I will just have to take it on faith that she is right.  Some women do spot through their entire pregnancy - I guess I may be one of the few that do so.  Lucky me.

But, back to being super happy!!!  :)

Between this amazing news and reaching viability, I have garnered enough confidence to start doing some shopping.  My first purchase was an adorable pair of shoes.  Not practical, since he won't need shoes at that point, but they are just so tiny and precious, I couldn't resist:

 
I've also bought a few sleepers, and an adorable little pair of (equally impractical) jeans.
 
I am in the process of setting up a registry, which to be honest is much more overwhelming and difficult than I thought it would be.  There are so many options, and so many different opinions and reviews on what is necessary, what is a waste of money or space, what works, and even what is or is not safe.  I am getting through it slowly though, mostly to satisfy my mother in law. 
 
Oh, and don't even get me started on how challenging it was to choose the right stroller!  I *think* I've decided on the Uppababy Cruz.  Still mulling it around a bit before I make the purchase though.
 
To be clear, I am definitely not complaining!  I feel so, so blessed to still be carrying my little boy inside me right now.  I honestly didn't think that I would make it past the first trimester, let alone to viability, and an actual diagnosis of "normal."  When I think about it, I can't stop smiling. :)
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. This is an awesome update! I'm so glad Samuel is happy and healthy in there with no more hematoma! I have been so stressed about baby gear. You're totally right about all of the options! Good luck with your registry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so incredibly happy for you! I hope everything continues to go well. I hear you on the registry stuff. I have only glanced at it, but holy cow is there too many things to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! (And I finally responded to your Liebster questions on my post today!)

    ReplyDelete