Monday 2 September 2013

Please Don't Let Me Forget...

A few random things that I want to remember, forever:

  1. The way you look when you are sleeping in my arms;
  2. The way you sometimes keep "sucking" after I de-latch you when you are asleep;
  3. The way you reach out and explore my face with your little hands - and the look of wonder on your face when you do so;
  4. The way your face lights up when I laugh;
  5. How excited you get when I cheer you on (after you do something new for example), and how you then try to repeat whatever it was that got the cheer, over and over;
  6. How you giggle when I shake my head over you so that my hair brushes your face;
  7. The way you reach out and play with (or try to eat?) your books now when I read to you at night;
  8. The way you sometimes "talk" to me now, very insistently, and in a voice that is almost whisper quiet;
  9. The way you smile as soon as you see me, after being held by someone else;
  10. The weight of your little head resting against my chest, on my shoulder, or on my arm, after you have fallen asleep;
  11. The look on your face when you see or experience something new and exciting for the first time - a mixture of wonder, confusion, and amazement;
  12. Your tiny, chubby little  feet;
  13. Your sweet gummy smile;
  14. Your adorable belly laughs (which are most common when I pull a onesie over your head, strap you into the jolly jumper, or tickle your belly and chest); and
  15. The way you look at me sometimes....I just know that in that moment, you are trying to tell me how much you love me. It melts my heart.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment